サラダハウス sarada hausu, esplanade xchange.

Thursday, March 03, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

was interested to try it after my friend recommended it (the same friend who recommended me omnivore, which i ended up loving), so i came by after the gym. for some reason i was starving, so i decided on the large ($10.50), which came with two proteins instead of the one in the regular box.

it's actually just a stall in the food court, with all the available toppings on display behind the glass counter. order chits were available, but when i grabbed one and was about to fill it in, the guy told me that i could just order over the counter. his explanation was that the items available change regularly.



i was allowed to choose two bases, but because of my whole 30 plan, which means no grains, i was restricted to just the lettuce. too bad, because they had olive rice that looked promising. perhaps next time. they also had pretty interesting protein choices, one of which was the vegetarian option of rosti with egg. i was briefly tempted by it, but because of my meat eating habits i got teriyaki beef and peri peri chicken as my protein, and pumpkin, okra and an egg as toppings.



everything tasted pretty good, especially the pumpkin. it had a special taste that i couldn't place a finger on- reminded me of dried shrimps. was surprised by it initially, but ended up liking it the more i ate. the teriyaki beef was good too, but i was hungry and would've liked a bigger portion.

not too bad for the price, but not quite filling enough for me. i think i need a bigger portion of protein to be full, especially after the gym. i would still rather head on over to omnivore- can't wait to be back there, actually.

サラダハウス sarada hausu
esplanade xchange
#b1-35

reading menus is one of my hobbies.